The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this picturesque island country.
Explore the sacred Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, wander through the lush tea plantations of Nuwara Eliya or admire the landscape from on high at World’s End: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Sri Lanka with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sri Lanka:
– Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Sri Lanka, designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations and floorplans depict famous sights such as the fascinating Colombo National Museum, the beautifully painted Dambulla Cave Temples and more
– Colour photographs of Sri Lanka’s bustling capital, Buddhist and Hindu landmarks, unique wildlife, verdant tea plantations, palm-fringed beaches and more
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country’s fascinating history and culture, landscape and wildlife, religions, traditional dance, arts and crafts, vibrant festivals, regional dishes, outdoor activities and more
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Colombo; the West Coast; the South; Kandy and the Hill Country; the Cultural Triangle; the East; Jaffna and the North
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Sri Lanka is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this beautiful country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one” – The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.