This policy explains our information practices in relation to any personal information that you provide us with.
What information do we hold and why?
We may hold personal information because:
- You have asked us to order a book for you: we need to have your name and a means of contacting you to let you know when your book arrives in the shop
- You have asked us to post a book to you: we need to have your name, a means of contacting you with any queries, payment details and an address to post the book to
- You have asked to be added to our mailing list to hear about events and other Bookshop news: we need to have your name and email address
- You have reserved a place at an event that we are running: for free events we need to have your name and phone number in case we have to get in touch if eg the event is cancelled; for paid events we use PayPal to collect payment information as well as your name, email and phone number for PayPal confirmation.
What do we do with the information we hold?
We take great care of any information we hold:
- Any personal information we hold in an electronic form is kept in a secure, password-protected database.
- Any personal information we hold in paper form is kept in a secure, locked cabinet.
- We keep your personal information only for as long as required for the purposes for which it’s supplied or for as long as legally required.
- Where your information is no longer required, we will always make sure it is disposed of in a safe and secure manner.
- We never share any information with any third parties except for Mailchimp which we use for our mailing list, and PayPal which we use for payments via our website.
Amending Personal Information
You can check, delete and amend, any personal information that we have collected by emailing us at [email protected]
If you have previously signed up to our mailing list but no longer wish to receive our notifications then you can email [email protected] Each time we send a notification you also have the opportunity to unsubscribe.
Further information about your rights under the new General Data Protection Regulations can found on the Information Commissioner’s website.